- Community Services
- Alive at 25
Alive at 25
About Alive at 25 Defensive Driving Courses
Alive at 25 is a defensive driving course developed by the National Safety Council and is designed to prevent motor vehicle crashes, which is the number one killer for ages 15 to 24.
The Bixby Police Department, in partnership with the Oklahoma Safety Council and Bixby Municipal Court, have implemented the Alive at 25 Defensive Driving Courses which will target individuals between the ages of 16 and 24, to prevent deaths, automobile accidents, and to keep our highways and city streets safe.
Statistics About Young Drivers
- Motor vehicle crashes are the Number 1 cause of death in the 15-24 age group.
- Almost 1 out of 3 deaths of 15 to 24 year olds are caused by traffic crashes.
- According to the 2007 Bixby Traffic Collision Analysis, 40% of the automobile crashes involved a driver in this age group.
- According to the 2009 Bixby Traffic Collision Analysis, 38.8% of the automobile crashes involved a driver in this age group.
- According to the 2010 Bixby Traffic Collision Analysis, 34.1% of the automobile crashes involved a driver in this age group.
Alive at 25 Program Teaching Format
- The program will be taught by certified Bixby Police instructors during one, four hour course.
- The program is focused on decision making skills and behaviors displayed by young drivers and passengers.
- Bixby Police instructors have candid discussions with young drivers about what can happen if they conduct risky behavior or make poor choices behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.
- Discussions and interactive teaching tools explore behaviors and their consequences.
Court Ordered Program
The course may be court ordered to drivers between the ages of 15 and 24, if there is a violation of the City of Bixby traffic ordinances.
Questions About the Program
Please contact us by completing the Alive at 25 Program Questions online form.
Enrollment in a Class
Complete the Alive at 25 Enrollment online form and an instructor will be in touch. The current cost to attend is $45 due at check-in the day of the class. The Costs can be paid by cash, money order or check only.