- Starting Salary is $37,500 plus Competitive Benefits Package.
- Pay raises to $39,500 to after successful completion of Oklahoma Council of Law Enforcement Education and Training Academy (CLEET) and Bixby Police Field Training Program.
- Applicants must have 60 credit hours from an accredited college.
- Must pass
- A written exam
- A physical fitness test
- An oral board
- A Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) psychological test
- A criminal background investigation.
- For more information view the Commissioned Officer Testing Process Recruitment (PDF) Opens in New Window .
Commissioned Officer Employee Benefits
The Benefit Package include but not limited to:
- Medical and Dental paid for employee, dependent Coverage is available.
- Life Insurance in the amount of $20,000 paid for employee with additional coverage available on employee and dependents.
- Vision, Injury, Cancer, Hospitalization, and Critical Care Coverage available for employee and dependents.
- Retirement through the Oklahoma Police Pension and Retirement System (OPPRS).
- For more information view the OPPRS website.
- Employees are vested at 10 years of service and normal retirement is at 20 years of service.
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 12 days annual sick leave
- Funeral leave
- 13 paid holidays annually are available.
- Periodic Overtime and/or Comp-time are available.
- Take Home Patrol Vehicle Program for officers is available.
- Patrol Rifle Program for officers.
- Clothing Allowance of $650 offered annually.
- Cleaning Allowance totaling $720 offered annually.
- Education Incentive Based on degree(s) held for officers.
- Continuing Education Compensation Assistance opportunities are available.
- Uniforms, Ballistic Vest, Service Pistol, certain Leather Gear and additional equipment issued upon hiring.