In order to provide additional safeguards for both Citizens and Officers, the Bixby Police Department is implementing the following reporting practices for certain non-emergency report calls.
- Walk-in Reporting will be temporarily suspended until further notice.
- Fingerprinting services will be temporarily suspended ended until further notice.
- For non-emergency report calls officers will handle taking a report in the following way:
- Citizens will call into dispatch as normal.
- An officer will call back and take the necessary information.
- The Officer will give the citizen a Bixby Police Report Number prior to the ending of the call.
- The officer will direct the citizen to use the online reporting form at the following link on the Bixby police Department website.
- Go to File the Online Report.
- The citizen will submit their written statement and any evidence they can electronically by this means.
Officers will continue responding to the following calls for service:
- All emergency calls for service.
- All alarm calls.
- All accidents.
We hope to resume operations as normal as soon as possible.